READ CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING APPLICATION – THIS IS NOT A FORM
These are the instructions for completion of the Application for Replacement Certificates of Foal Registrations and if a transfer from one registry to another registry.
Rule 8 Replacement Certificate of Foal Registration is for the loss of the original certificate through an act of God, ie fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, or no act of humans. An Affidavit is required from the County where the horse’s Certificate of Foal Registration was stored as to the loss of such original certificate.
Rule 8 Corrected Certificate of Foal Registration
A. To obtain a Corrected Certificate of Foal Registration, the following must be submitted to the Registry Office:
1. A cashier’s check, money order or debit credit card payable to US Arabian Horse Registry covering the prescribed fee (see Fee Schedule);
2. A set of four color photographs of the horse (front, both sides, and rear views) clearly showing the color, markings (or lack of markings) on the head, legs and body, and showing any discrepancies, if possible, with the existing Certificate of Foal Registration or use the diagrams and detailed descriptions on this section;
3. A complete and signed Corrected Certificate Form containing the written description of the markings as they now appear on the horse, including the exact location of the head and neck whorls; and
4. The Certificate of Foal Registration.
B. Nothing in this rule shall preclude the use of genetic typing information for the purpose of re-identifying any horse at any time. If the identity or pedigree of any horse is in question, US Arabian Registry may require genetic typing and/or parentage verification to ensure proper identity or pedigree and may include the requirement of variant (genetic) health panel testing.
EXCEPTION: There is No Charge for a change because of castration or spaying.
Rule 9 Duplicate Certificate of Foal Registration – Read Carefully
General Statement: If the original Certificate of Foal Registration contains errors or is lost, a replacement certificate may be obtained by fully completing an application for a Corrected or Duplicate Certificate of Foal Registration, along with the required fee, respectively. A Replacement Certificate is for the loss of the original certificate through an act of God, ie fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, no act of humans and is treated the same as for a Corrected Certificate of Foal Registration.
A. If a Certificate of Foal Registration has been lost or destroyed, a Duplicate Certificate of Foal Registration may be issued by the Registry Office upon submission of the following:
1. Cashier’s check, money order, or debit credit card with an additional three (3) per cent convenience fee added to costs, payable to US Arabian Registry covering the prescribed fee (see Fee Schedule);
2. A set of four color photographs of the horse (front, both sides, and rear views) clearing showing the color and the markings (or lack of markings) on the head, legs and body or use the diagrams and detailed descriptions here in this section;
3. A completed and signed Duplicate Certificate Form containing the written description of the markings on the horse, including the exact location of the head and neck whorls;
4. A notarized statement from the owner or his authorized agent describing the circumstances under which the Certificate of Foal Registration was lost or destroyed;
5. Proof of ownership of that specific horse (for example, but not limited to, a Bill of Sale or canceled check including the name or pedigree of the horse, date of sale, and the name of the new owner); and
6. Any further evidence and assurances as US Arabian horse Registry may require, such as variant (genetic) typing and/or parentage verification and variant (genetic) health panel testing.
B. Except as expressly provided in this Rule 9, a Duplicate Certificate of Foal Registration will not be issued as long as the Certificate of Foal Registration is known to be in existence; provided however, in the event of a sheriff’s (or similar) sale or under a non-appealable Court Order, a Duplicate Certificate of Foal Registration will be issued if the original Certificate of Foal Registration cannot be obtained from the previous owner only after a good faith effort to recover it is made by the seller and/or the new owner.
In either case, the requirements of Rule 9 (A) 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 must be met and an opinion must be submitted to US Arabian Registry from an attorney or an official representative of the court, indicating that the sale (if applicable) was conducted in accordance with the laws of the state and providing such other information as US Arabian Registry may request regarding the circumstances and validity of the sale or Court Order.
Purebred Arabians obtained without the Certificate of Registration, ie Foal Registration, must follow the provisions of Rule 9, part B. A non-appealable Court Order must be obtained and all provisions met as stated above.
EXCEPTIONS FOR REINSTATEMENT:
2. Deed of Trust
3. Contract for Deed or Certificate of Registration
4. Probate Determinations
6. Breeding Exclusions and Rights
7. Other Appropriate Exclusions
QUESTIONS USAHR must verify:
Who, What, Where, When, Why and How did you obtain possession and ownership of said horse.
Does the recorded owner need to be contacted to communicate Application for Reinstatement.
Questions which must be answered on the issuance of a Duplicate Certificate of Registration:
Was registration ever applied for;
Why were papers not transferred at the point of sale or surrendered back to the Registry;
Does the recorded owner have an objection to the transfer of Certificate of Registration Duplicate?
Does the owner have or can produce copies of documents of encumbrances?
These are some of the questions which must be answered in order for USAHR to legally issue a Duplicate Certificate of Registration.
Fees: Base Membership is required ($55 Individual yearly)
Replacement $15 which is for actions of God: tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, etc
Corrected $15 plus additional charges if required, with the exception there can be no charge for color change and/or markings change, castration or spaying correction if there are no major other considerations involved.
Duplicate $250 plus additional charges required. Duplicate is the replacement of an original certificate when the original certificate is not provided.